So what are these “Toxins”? Is it a real threat to my health, your health and our families health. The short answer is YES. Through lack of education and health being focused on business over care, the term “toxins” can be perceived as another fear mongering statement, like “climate change”. Where certain industries would prefer that you didn’t know about them. The aim of this article is not to tell you what to do, but rather give you informed choice. Hopefully a rational mind can come to its own conclusions and take action to prevent and eliminate them from your body (see SOLUTION: Toxicity)[headline style=”12″ font_size=”16″ align=”left”] 1) SO WHAT ARE TOXINS or Endocrine Disrupting Cell’s [/headline] SIMPLE Language: Things foreign to the body, both synthetic (chemicals) , organic (bugs, viruses, parasites) and even physical (Natural and technological – Radiation; Sun and mobile phones as example) that the body is exposed to internally and externally over time. When they accumulate with prolonged exposure over time in our body, they start to effect the way we function. When “normal fucntion” starts to be effected, what we notice is that we start to feel unwell more often than we feel well, feel tired all of the time and fatigued. Eventually it can lead to longstanding illness (Chronic Disease). SCIENCY Language: Toxins are known as an endocrine-disrupting compound’s in the science world (EDC). They are :defined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as “an exogenous agent that interferes with synthesis, secretion, transport, metabolism, binding action, or elimination of natural blood-borne hormones that are present in the body and are responsible for homeostasis, reproduction, and developmental process.” [headline style=”12″ font_size=”14″ align=”left”] 2) THERE are 3 types of TOXINS (EDC’s) [/headline] PHYSICAL: Such as ultraviolet and ionizing radiation;
- The natural environment and technology has played a large role here. Skin cancer and the sun vs radiation from a nuclear power plant as examples.
CHEMICAL: Such as asbestos, components of tobacco smoke, synthetic food and water contaminants
- Industrialisation over the past 70 years has exposed us to more Toxins and EDC’s than in any other period of history. Use plastic and Bisphenol-A in our oceans as an example.
BIOLOGICAL: Such as Infections from certain viruses, bacteria or parasites.
- The depletion of our gut health and our immune system combined with an increasing toxic environment, travel and exponential population growth has made biological toxins and EDC’s more present. Use HIV as an extreme example, even the new Ebola outbreak or something as simple as Candida.
[headline style=”12″ font_size=”16″ align=”left”] 3) What are some Common Chronic Diseases that are inter-related with Toxicity (EDC’s) [/headline] Just to name a few “all to common” issues we see the doctor about. Read the Endocrine Society Article for more information, or just know that the 3 types of Toxins above play a small or perhaps even a LARGE role in the symptoms we see the doctor for. Perhaps we need to stop looking for symptoms and address the cause? Obesity
- Metabolic syndromes, Diabetes, Arthritis, chronic inflammatory disorders, Heart Disease.
- Overconsumption of processed and packaged synthetic chemicals. Body accumulates fat to basically protect itself.
- Cervical and Breast Cancer
- Uncontrolled cell growth, often caused when normal cell replication is hindered (any organ)
- Use synthetic sugar as an example. The accumulation or lack of sugar can effect they way we think, our behaviours and how we feel. Imagine what the accumulation of other toxins may cause with repeated exposure over extended periods, if something as simple as sugar can do this to our mind.
Female reproductive development and function
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Endometriosis
- Human papillomavirus virus (HPV) is a biological toxin (virus) that is known to cause and be directly related to impaired female reproduction.
- Infertility, prostate cancer
- The information we pass from one cell to another can be effected by these toxins and EDC’s. This can effect our fertility and even the information we pass on in reproduction.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAD) as case in point.
- FAD is a common example of how an external toxin such as alcohol in high enough doses can effect the way the a child develops in utero ( in the womb). If the ingredients to bake the cake are impacted or the baking process itself is effected by toxins or endocrine disrupting cells, it makes sense that the final product might be effected.
- The alarming thing to note is that out of over 300 known Toxins or EDC’s, over 200 were found in the umbilical blood of new born babies.
- Thyroid Dysfunction, Multiple Sclerosis
- Toxins and EDC’s can effect the neurological system as well. It is common knowledge in the meidcal world to see many neurological disorders following biological EDC’s. Viruses, bacterias etc.
- Chronic Fatigue: Umbrella term for feeling generally tired and fatigued, even at rest or after sleep.
- Adrenal fatigue: 21 st Century Syndrome
Because The “symptoms” come and go. We often see our health professionals friends who keep telling us that we are fine. However we know something just doesn’t feel right. If this is the case, It is likely that you need to take note of some of the above issues. The reason is that there is a large grey area and spectrum of toxicity from multiple dimensions. Combine this with fluctuating environments and lifestyle habits and the underlying cause may be masked by other more prominent and current issues. If something keeps coming back, then look into it deeper and know that the solutions are often simple. THE GOOD NEWS is that you can eliminate chemicals from your body, you can remove yourself from environments where physical toxins are common and overly present and you can pump up your immune system to overcome any biological toxin or endocrine disrupting cell. Our body has an innate ability to heal itself daily! (if you let it) STAY TUNED for the SOLUTION: For the 3 Types of toxicity. LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT now, if there is something you liked. [headline style=”1″ font_size=”14″ align=”center”]
REFERENCES[/headline] SIMPLE language TEDx: Lissa Rankin: The Shocking Truth about your health. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tu9nJmr4Xs FAST FACTS “EDC’s”: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/materials/endocrine_disruptors_508.pdf Nutrition Review services: http://www.nutritionreviewservice.com.au/ SCIENCEY Language Endocrine Society (systematic review): http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/er.2009-0002 Toxicity; Effect of small doses: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1241550/ Preventing Toxicity; Green chemistry: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4125359/ Anti-Nutrients: http://www.nutritionreviewservice.com.au/